You can now pledge for donation towards the new temple online here: Donation Pledge
You can also subscribe for monthly donations (24 payments) online towards the new temple project here:
Note: Check below for regular updates:
- We have selected "Independent Construction Co.", a prominent construction company in the western part of United States for the road work.
- Baserocking of the roads is in progress. Please visit Project "Road to Vaikuntha" for more details.
- We have Pre-applcation meeting with county scheduled on next Wednesday, March 16, 2016. We will receive the written inputs from the county about our project in a month's time from then. This will help us in getting prepared for submitting our use permit application for the new temple project.
- Amendment to the reclamation plan has been approved by the county
- We are in the process of appointing the construction company towards base rocking of the roads. We expect to complete it early next year.
- We are working on getting the reclamation amendment application approved. We have worked with our consultants and filed for vegetation management plan with the county.
- County is processing the use permit pre-application
- Based on the feedback received from the county and the specialist consultants, we have updated the plan and filed for use permit pre-application for the temple with the county
- We have also filed for amendment of the reclamation plan for some minor modifications
- We are working with our architects and civil engineers to file for building permit for the first structure on the property
- Post completion of grading works, hydro seeding has been completed. We have used a new seed mix which will be beneficial for cows for grazing. With the completion of hydro seeding, we now enter into monitoring phase of the reclamation plan.
- Work is on with our specialist consultants and architects on the pre-application of Use Permit for temple.
- We had the first harvest of Methi leaves from the vegetable garden, which was used in the temple kitchen for preparing Raj Bhog offering to Sri Krishna-Balaram.
- We are now moving on to the next phase of the VH nursery ie. the plantation of trees:
- We are in the process of identifying the right kind of trees that need to be planted for various purposes at the temple site.
- The plan is to get started on these trees and nurture them till the site is ready for re-planting them for the specific purpose.
- Consultations planned with the various experts hired for the temple project on identification of the required type of trees and the best approach to have them ready in a cost-effective way.
- Completed grading works at the site. The amendment application which was prepared with extensive discussions with our consultants has been submitted.
- Our architects have almost finalized the plan for first building to be constructed.
- We have appointed specialist consultants for the project and are working with them to finalize the design.
- We have added another 3000 SFT of space for vegetable gardening. This area is fenced up and irrigated with timer driven sprinklers and soakers. A portion of the vegetable garden is seeded with Methi and another with Coriander. We have also planted seeds for watermelon, cucumber, cantaloupe and squash. Additional seeding is done with tomatoes, brinjal, chillies, okra, beans, etc. We have procured seeds for a variety of trees including fruit trees and fast growing Paulownia Tomentosa. The plan is to get them started for later re-planting at their permanent locations.
- Now we have our own bounce houses, which we can setup for any events of the temple. In the past, we have been renting these.
- We are in the last stages of completing grading work at the site. We are working with the Santa Clara County officials on amendments that will help us during development of the site. Once the grading work is completed, we will start hydro-seeding of the area.
- Our consultants are working on the first building to be constructed and are in the final stages towards having a pre-screening with the Santa Clara county.
- While we complete the required grading work, we are working towards appointing specialist consultants to fine tune our applications materials.
- We have expanded the flower garden by another 800 SFT. In this new area, we have planted the seasonal flowers like Marigold and Daisies which are expected to start flowering in 3 months from now. With this, we have more or less filled up the fenced plot of 2500 SFT. We plan to create another plot and prepare it for seasonal vegetable cultivation from next week. The approaching Spring and Summer are the best seasons for enhancing the nursery and we will need a lot of volunteers to work on the project. We also have our own Bounce Houses procured from China to entertain the kids on special occasions. We could use them to attract volunteers for the works we plan to do on Vaikuntha Hill as an added attraction to keep the kids engaged while the parents are volunteering.
Construction Project Update:
- We have appointed Orcutt Winslow as Architects for this project. Orcutt Winslow is one of the leading architectural firms having an impressive portfolio of executed projects.
- We have also appointed M H Engineering as the Civil engineers.
Nursery Project Update:
- Nursery Project was kicked off on Thanksgiving day, 2014. We demarcated a 40’ X 40’ area and prepared it for planting rose bushes. Procured about 72 small rose bushes and planted them with the help of several volunteers participating the picnic on that day. Here is the picture of the area after the plantation activity:
- Subsequently, we have installed a drip irrigation system, and fenced up the area to protect the plants from rabbits and deers that frequent the place. The storm that hit the area in early December resulted in a mud slide that washed up on the rose garden that we created and covered up most of the plants in mud. The soil was quite soggy for us to do any work until early January. In the past couple of weeks, we dug out the plants, re-planted them and re-installed the drip irrigation system.
1. Tilling and cleaning up the rest of the area and prepare for planting.
- Overall plan for the nursery:
2. Demarcating two additional plots for other flowers and vegetables.
3. Demarcating the plots for community gardens.
4. Planning and installing the main pipes for drip irrigation.
5. Fencing up the plots.
6. Erecting a green house.
7. Compost facility
- While the above list is for creation of the facilities, we will have other regular activities like watering, de-weeding, planting, pruning, harvesting, fertilizing, pest control, facilities/equipment maintenance, etc.
- These activities will keep expanding as we bring more and more land under cultivation and will reach a steady state a few years down the line.
- There is also a need to rope in volunteers as we have just a handful that are carrying the load for now.
- We also plan to launch a community garden project to let out small parcels of land to interested parties for growing flowers/vegetables in the area. The proposed operation plan is attached below:
- Pre-screening meeting with County planning dept held. Positive outlook from County regarding our project description document and a draft engineering plan. Next steps discussed in the meeting.
- Material for pre-application has been prepared for submission.
- Project office construction nearing completion
- 3D model of the temple and the community around has been prepared on the Google maps and undergoing final patchwork to be finalized